Gallery

Monday 14 October 2013

LOTRO: Into the woods


It was time for Tiger and I to start the last area of Wildermore: the Balewood. These woods to the northwest are usually shunned by the people from Wildermore, for spooky tales surround them. Still, some fled into it after running away from Núrzum and the orcs, and we were to find them back. 

As usual, I was a bit disoriented after just having logged in and mounting my warsteed, so I decided to just mindlessly follow the green arrow on the mini-map where Tiger had disappeared. I wasn't looking very much at the surroundings, in fact, I was looking so little at them that I just managed to halt my steed before I would have fallen down a deep cliff. There lay the Balewood, and my, was it beautiful!


We of course know that this wood is one of the outer parts of Fangorn, and it looked just as magical and fairy-tale like as I imagined. Only I imagined it as being very green, but here, it was winter.


Now we got excited thinking about the Ents and other creatures that may or may not be hiding in this forest. I will write more about that in my next LotRO post.

4 comments :

  1. Tiger went ahead to scout? :P Also, what's the big mountain in the distance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing that the wood is Fangorn, the mountain afar must be part of the Misty Mountains - the exact name I don't know, though.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful appaloosa. Much as I dislike the humanoid models in LOTRO, they got the equines perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I agree. The character models are very 2007, however, the warsteeds were added in 2012.

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.